Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Little consensus

Thanks so much to all for the comments on colors, and please keep them coming!

There has been very little consensus, and we got several back-to-back comments or emails with opposite opinions!

red bad! - John
RED GOOD! - Cam

split color good- Stephanie
yes, split color good - Carol
split color bad!- Jess
yes, split color BAD- Kara

Gray looks like a battle ship - John
Gray is gloomy - Kara
Gray looks nice! - Carol

Then there are votes for most colors - red, burgandy, blue, green, sage, cream, chocolate, gray, black

So far the only color to stand out with any consensus at all it sage. And no votes for keeping it white

Personally, I think any color darker than white helps draw the attention to the floor, ceiling, furniture, windows, etc, and takes advantage of our excessive accent lighting. Now the good things provide the light and aren't drowned our by the big white walls.

I definitely like the chocolate color in the kitchen. There are highlights of that color in the counter Green matched the counter too strongly and looked bad.

I think the 2tone looks OK, but not up the stairs like the one photo.

I'm leaning towards more of a neutral color to go with the tile and ceiling, a warm gray or more chocolate perhaps, with a contrasting accent wall, maybe of that nice sage. The brown could continue into the kitchen. The sage wall is opposite the kitchen, which has a similarly colored counter top.


However, I know Marcy thinks one color on the big wall is too dominating. Any thoughts?

Update:
Below: The above photo changed with Marcy's input (and color corrected on the blinds):


Hmm, and another open, more bold, but doesn't overwhelm the room like doing the whole thing in burgundy

4 comments:

alligator said...

I like the accent wall the best, I did from the start but I realize now that I forgot to comment before.
I'm not crazy about the two-tone effect but I do like having more than one color in there so I think that's why I like it best. Plus you get to have a nice color on the wall without the whole room being a color which I think is overwhelming.

Also: Lou said you guys (+Paul) want to run the Klondike with us. We're starting to put together a team, which legs do you want?

-Alli

Andrew said...

both. I couldn't possibly to the race without both my legs. hahahaha. HAHAHAHAHA! If you feel like punching someone, Lou is happy to take it for me.

I'm not sure if Paul is in, but we'll ask tonight, and Marcy and I will start thinking about legs. My knees aren't that great, so shorter is better, but I am light and do have sexy legs up to here, so I might be able to do one of the more uphilly sections, unless you can find someone more like my brother Micheal to do the challenging sections.

Marcy Phillips said...

Yeah, I sent Paul the Klondike website and he hasn't said yes or no to running it yet. We are both doing the equinox marathon the weekend after the Klondike run so that might be his hesitancy.

Actually I think it would be best if you ask me to punch Andrew. He deserves it.

I would probably be up for one of the later 9-13 mile runs preferably in the day time.

HÃ¥ndlister said...

What so nice pictures. Thank you for sharing.......