Friday, October 23, 2009

Shed Building

Paul and I (with some help from Ty Keltner) built a shed for his new house. Fairly simple, shed roof, no roof trim to save money:



I enjoyed it, so I put a craigslist ad offering sheds built, any style. I got a response and we ended up building this:



I didn't get any photos earlier, but here's some of the building process.


The temperature was dropping to about 20 degrees, so we were slowed down some by finicky nail guns. Also, daylight was short. Without those obsticals, this would have been a weekend project. As it turned out, we needed to spend a couple hours Monday and Tuesday evening to finish up.

The owner was very pleased and Paul and I made some extra money while getting exercise. We might try to do more of these next summer.

2 comments:

Jess said...

If we move back to AK, can we contract with you to be our foreman if we build a house? Rates negotiable :)

Andrew said...

Quite possibly. I enjoy doing this, and all the more for family and friends!