Sunday, April 1, 2007

1st Day on the Job!

Our first official day of house "constuction" has commenced. It's not just talk anymore, we are physically destroying nature with our little human hands! My parents came up on the 23rd and then on the 24th we all went out to the land and started felling trees for the driveway. I do believe that my Mom and Dad worked their balls off for me.

My Dad was the first person to start cutting. He was quite anxious to get started but was very cautious and meticulous about where he fell each tree.



After Dad took a break Andrew got into the action a bit.







Mom and I were waiting around for a bit as we had to be out of the way of falling trees. Mom tooled around on her snowshoes and I took a picture of this crazy rainbow.





Once some trees had been chainsawed into manageable pieces then we all started stackin'.








It was a fulfilling and fun day!

2 comments:

Deb and Dan said...

In some arenas depending on who you talk to, there is some question as to wether I ever had any balls to begin with. But, after 35 years of careful examinations I can quantee you that your mother never had any balls. Love Dad

Marcy Phillips said...

Phew! Well, that's a relief :)